ONLINE COUNSELING SESSIONS
Secure, Convenient, and Easy
Evolutions Wellness is now offering Telehealth, or online counseling sessions, to clients who reside in North Carolina! This may be a convenient option for those who have a busy schedule and want to fit therapy sessions into their lives without adding the time and stress it takes to travel to a therapist’s office. This also allows individuals from all over the state to have access to high-quality, professional counselors in different areas, providing you with more selection of the therapist you would like to work
WHEN ONLINE COUNSELING WOULD BENEFIT YOU
- If you have children and struggle to find a babysitter to make your counseling sessions
- If you have to work and can’t find a therapist available after 5 pm
- If you travel frequently
- If you struggle to find transportation or time in the day to travel to and from your therapist’s office
- If you live in a small town and want to add extra privacy to your therapeutic experience
- If you yourself are a counselor and don’t want to cross a boundary with another professional counseling colleague in the area
- It also benefits clients who work during business hours. Instead of getting time off work, leaving early, or coming into work late, you can have a counseling session using your phone or computer during your lunch break!
Telehealth is becoming widely accepted and most insurance companies will reimburse for telehealth sessions.
Evolution Wellness in Wilmington, NC, utilizes Doxy.Me to facilitate therapy sessions with our clients. This platform is 100 percent free for you and can be utilized with an app supported by iOS and Androids or online on any computer. This software is HIPAA compliant, secure, and user friendly.
No! You can be anywhere in the world as long as you are a North Carolina resident. All of our counselors are licensed in the state of NC, meaning we are only covered to treat NC residents.
Why do I have to be a North Carolina Resident for telehealth counseling services?
When a therapist is licensed, they are usually only licensed in that state. Some therapists are licensed in multiple states if they choose. If you reside outside of North Carolina and are looking for an online therapist, we recommend using Psychology Today to find a qualified professional counselor who is a good fit for you.
There are other options for telehealth therapy sessions like BetterHelp and TalkSpace; however, these services are less like traditional counseling in that you are paying a monthly fee for so many messages back and forth to the professional counselor and paying extra for video sessions. There are benefits of this service, however there are also limitations.