Lauren Rodgers MA, LCAS, LPC
Reaching out for help when you are feeling overwhelmed, troubled, or just plain stuck in your life takes courage, and I believe that making the decision to seek help during those times indicates true strength of character. Feeling anxious or depressed can prevent us from doing the things we know we need to do to feel better. It’s not as simple as “getting over it” and making changes.
When I work with you, we will uncover the life you want to be living and the things that are standing in your way. I want you to feel respected and supported when you work with me.
- Worry too much or feel overwhelmed?
- Say yes to obligations when you want to say no?
- Have concerns about a loved one’s substance use?
- Feel like you can’t break out of a negative cycle?
- Struggle with family interactions?
- Feel the impact from dysfunction in your childhood?
- Feel out of control?
- Have disappointments about where you are in your life?
- Have conflict with your family or your partner?
- Have the urge to change your career or go back to school?
I offer couple’s counseling and am trained in the Gottman Method to improve communication patterns, build trust, learn co-parenting strategies, and enhance the couple’s connection and intimacy. The Gottman Method is an approach to couples therapy that includes a thorough assessment of the couple relationship and integrates research-based interventions based on the Sound Relationship House Theory. If you and your partner seem to have the same argument over and over or have become so distant you feel like roommates, working with me can help you find the connection and passion again.
I became a therapist because I believe people possess the ability to better themselves and gain a clearer outlook on the world. I look forward to helping you achieve your goals, please feel free to get in contact via phone (910) 333-6134 or email email@example.com if you are interested in setting up an appointment!